It’s easy in Diver to compare values by all members of a Dimension to the “Parent” or Total value for that Dimension.
But what if your users are able to see only their data, how can you give them a report that compares their performance against the whole peer group?
Or a sales manager wants to see just his sales people against the whole company?
The answer is by setting up a multimodel diveplan. Just follow the instructions below.
1. Open Divemaster and Click Set next to Models
2. Select Multimodel and Multilevel options
3. Select the second model in the list and click on “Alias column names”
4. Find the dimension you need for your query and rename it in the right column
5. Then find the summary you want to use on your query and rename it.
6. Click OK 3 times and save the Diveplan in Divemaster
7. Open it in Prodiver
8. When you Dive by the dimension you have deleted, you should see the following
9. Delete the columns you don’t need and create new calculated columns
10. Add a Quickview for Operator and you should get something like this – which you could have done in one model if all operators were to have access to all the data.
11. But if you could only see certain Operators or a team of Operators, the Company or Group Totals would be lost – you would just see a subset. So now when you only view your own data, you can see the comparison against all the data.
12. Move the columns in the order you want to make more sense. Here is an example formatted as a report.
If you have any questions about this post, or any other queries, please just Ask Anthony though the form below.