Analytics and KPIs for the Public Transport Sector
In order to create a BI solution that gives you a complete picture and delivers all the key information to fulfil those goals, we start by collecting data from systems like E-ticketing, Fleet Management and Planning.
Decision makers need dashboards and analytics that are fully attuned to their responsibilities, key considerations and methods. They need insights into their KPIs and the forces that influence these KPIs.
When this is offered in a comprehensive dashboard, managers will be able to answer key day-to-day questions like:
- Is Cost Recovery on target? If not: what are the key deviations? Are these due to changes in the market or due to inefficiencies within Operations? How to improve it?
- Is punctuality up to level? If not: on which routes and in which hour blocks? Are these incidental or structural? Is it due to traffic or drivers? How to improve it?
- Do ridership and vehicle-capacity match at every instance in the service? If not: should different vehicle-types be scheduled? Or should the frequency be adjusted? Which decisions could lead to a better fit?
For those with Financial responsibilities we can incorporate Financial dashboards that facilitate both top level and granular analysis of commonly used measures like Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, etc.
Every day huge amounts of data are gathered in Public Transport: AFC-data about usage and revenue, fleet management data about service delivery, etc. This data is generally used for monitoring purposes, but it can also be used for what-if analysis to gain insights into the impact of possible adjustments of the service in terms of quality, ridership, costs and revenue.
Diver BI can add a what-if module to its reporting solutions to – for instance – analyse the impact of the following measures:
- Adjustments of fares, planning, frequency and/ or vehicle types
- Removal of routes or stops
- Improvement of on time performance
Diver BI Partner, Zight, has built BI solutions on virtually every data-source from every large system vendor. Using Diver as their tool guarantees performance, flexibility and scalability. Their clients experience this every day, even in complex transit regions like Dubai and Amsterdam. Their clients use their solutions to monitor, analyse and optimize. They provide them with insights such as:
Revenue, punctuality, occupancy, travel time analysis, costs, fuel consumption, driver performance, cost recovery, profitability per route, complaints, transit time, passenger punctuality, speed, OD-relations, etc.